Friday, September 16, 2011

Commissioner Jose Luis Rosales resigns from the Quemado Valley Association


















Maverick County Precinct 3 - This is to inform you that as of today September 16, 2011, I am no longer a member of the Quemado Valley Association (QVA). I had to resign as a member of this association effective immediately because Dos Republicas Coal Partnership made a very generous donation to the QVA. I'm currently serving as the president of the Maverick County Environmental and Public Health Association (MCEPHA) whom oppose the possible opening of a coal mine in Eagle Pass by Dos Republicas Coal Partnership, this action by Dos Republicas affects my position as President of the MCEPHA. It was my pleasure to serve in this association, however I feel I had no choice but to step down. My decision has nothing to do with the Quemado community. As your elected commissioner I stand by your side and will continue to proudly represent precinct 3. I wish the association only the best for the future, and regret any inconvenience my resignation may cause them.

Jose Luis Rosales